[En-Nut-Discussion] Compiling Ethernut with WinAVR

Gert Jan Kruizinga gjk at gjk4all.net
Fri Jan 10 15:46:08 CET 2003

I had the same problem on the linux distribution

This is due to some changes in the eeprom code from the new libc. I had to
merge the originam libc avr/eeprom.h header file whith te avr/eeprom.h
header file from the nut/os tree.

After that you're left with one problem in the ifconfig.c, there is a call
to eeprom_block_read where te address is given as an integer, in the new
libc this has to be a pointer, so adding a anpassant (&) in front of this
address variable will solve the problem.

I'm apoligize for possible errors in the above, i'm on my work right now.
If there is a interrest for it then i can mail the diffs for the lib
tonight (europe).

Gert Jan Kruizinga.