[En-Nut-Discussion] Hostname for Ethernut?!

Pat Shueh ptlinux at optushome.com.au
Sat Jan 11 14:42:54 CET 2003

Hi,

I am having problem in writting an application which requires to get the
host name of ethernut.
Basically i have got a TCP serive running on TCP port 1000 and to enable a
GUI to my service i wrote a Java Applet which connects to the service and
display some data in the browser.

What i am havin problem is when i ask the applet to connect to localhost or
127.0.0.1 or the ip of ethernut... none of them seem to be working?! Java
seems to have problme resovling the host, or ip by calling sys call to the
OS... and in our case.. the ethernut OS is not responding with the response.
I am not sure if my assumption is rite?!

I am just wondering if it is possible to assign a hostname to ehternut when
i am registering the etho interface? So i can write in the java code to
connect the host.

Regards,

Pat