[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP Debugging Software

Mike Cornelius mikec at calldirect.com.au
Sun Jan 19 23:20:44 CET 2003

Hi Louis,

My method of debuging the PPP driver has been as follows :-

1/ I have a windows app that uses 2 serial ports to monitor the data going
between the modem  and my hardware. I would be happy to forward this to you
if you are interested. (Or anyone else who might be interested).
It does not decode packets but instead just shows raw data.
PPP Negotiation packets tend to be relativly small and easy enough to
manually decode.

2/ Plenty of debug statements in the driver.

I have made some improvements to the PPP stack since the last release and
now have it working with regular dial-up as well as GPRS.

I am planning to do a little more work on it again this week and should be
able to provide a new snap-shot in the next few days.

Regards,

Mike Cornelius