[En-Nut-Discussion] Non-blocking NutTcpReceive()?

Stephen Noftall stephenn at lcsaudio.com
Thu Jan 30 19:36:38 CET 2003

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Mike is right. But it's a good idea to have the option
> you suggested. If you want to do the mod yourself, I'd
> suggest to use 0xFFFF and add
>
> if(sock->so_read_to == 0xFFFF)
>     return 0;
>
> immediately before
>
> if(NutEventWait(&sock->so_rx_tq, sock->so_read_to))
>     return 0;
>
> in NutTcpReceive() in tcpsock.c.

Thanks Harald (and Mike), I think I'll do that. It would help in my
application alot.

> What problem with what solder joint? Hope, you didn't purchase
> your board from egnite or a distri, but build one your own.
> Otherwise I'd be very interested in the problem you had.

Nope, our own board. It was a J-lead sram, and the solder had wicked up the
lead, but it wasn't making contact. Confused me for awhile.

Then I had a problem with the Reset on the Ethernet chip. I didn't use a
seperate Reset generator, and had driven the 8019's reset pin from the
Atmels, silly me. I should have known I couldn't make the Atmel's Reset line
an output ;-)

As for using the Rev 1.3 schematics, I did change the addressing on the
8019: I only added in A4 to A0, and A15 as the decoder. Saved some pins, and
worked fine.

Cheers, and thanks for the help!

Stephen Noftall