[En-Nut-Discussion] Telnet server with echo and cursor key support

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sat Jul 5 13:25:38 CEST 2003

Hi Thorsten,

there should be an ioctl, which supports echoing. I agree, that this
is a missing feature.

But for telnet: This protocol creates a lot of overhead while the
user is typing single characters. It would create even more overhead
when echoing characters. I recommend to switch on local echo in your
telnet client. More advanced telnet clients may even support line
mode. That means, that you can enter and edit a line locally without
creating TCP traffic.