[En-Nut-Discussion] CLOSE-WAIT Status TCP sockets

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Jul 22 12:51:38 CEST 2003

It should be independant from the peer. Leaving a socket
in CLOSE-WAIT is either the failure of your application
or the local stack.

>I also noticed that if the TCP state machine isn't started then incoming
>requests will use all but 2kb of memory.  This could happen on a system that
>uses udp only.

These are the kind of error reports, that will get lost
for sure. :-)

That reminds me to direct your attention (and the attention of
others) to

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=34079

This tracker makes sure, that bug reports won't get lost.