[En-Nut-Discussion] GPRS initialisation via AT commands.

Zico n5pascal at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:07:33 CEST 2003

Hello everybody.
I'm using my uC (PIC16F877), My modem Enabler-G (From Enfora) to connect to the internet via the GPRS.
I'm based on the Microchip AN731.
I use the following initialisation AT commands:

AT+COPS=0
AT%CGPPP=1               /// 1=PAP
AT%CGPCO=1,"PAP,gprs,gprs",1       ///PAP
AT+CGATT=1
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","GPRS.SWISSCOM.CH"
AT+CGACT=1,1
ATD *99***1#  (After the carriage return, I don't enter anything at all)

I get "Connect" & the negotiation sequence begins... & I Get smth like the ~ {...
BUT THAT ENDS WITH NO CARRIER...
My question is:
Is it there smth wrong?
Why the negotiation sequence yields to NO CARRIER.

10x in advance for your help.