[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut portability

Doug Daniels ddaniels at baycomp.com
Fri Jun 13 22:21:45 CEST 2003

I'm still very new to ethernut and there is a lot of code to go through, so
I wanted to ask some more ethernut experienced people some questions about
ethernut and its architecture and its portability. I want to find a TCP/IP
protocol stack implementation that is light weight to be used in various
embedded devices, but also highly portable to different embedded operating
systems etc, with support for multi-threaded and non multi-threaded OS's.
	So essentially my question is how closely coupled is the Nut Net
code to the Nut OS and would it be a complete over-haul to port it to
different processors and OS's. Also I was wondering if anyone has any other
suggestions on some good open source TCP/IP implementations for embedded
devices, right now the most easily portable one I've found is lwIP
(http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/). Ethernut definetly has been the most
robust and best documented open source and probably commercially available
implementation I've found, I just wanted to check with the community see if
this is the right direction to go in for a highly portable open source
TCP/IP solution. Thanks again.
~Doug