[En-Nut-Discussion] 10M ethernet problems?

Kelvin Lawson kelvin at totalise.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 13:42:13 CET 2003

Hi Lars,

Do you know if this is a limitation of the hardware or software ?

Thanks,
Kelvin.

>Hi Danny,
>
>The Ethernut board will only work on a 10Mbit network. The way to solve the
problem is what you have done, adding a switch in between thenetwork and your
Ethernut . A switch will usually detect that the Ethernut card operates at
10Mbit and therefore sets the network speed to this.

>/Lars

communications, but I found the ethernut will be unstable and sometimes
disconnection when it is in a 10/100M ethernet topology. However, when I use a
10/100 switch-hub it work very well! I want to ask: if the RTL8019AS cannot
race 10/100M ethernet controller? or there is any method to enhance the
connection stability?