[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP Start-up example

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri May 9 10:48:45 CEST 2003

Ralph,

The PPP state machine is still incomplete, I assume it
will not be able to act as a server.

I'll prepare a sample, but for now:

Register the physical and the PPP device
     NutRegisterDevice(&devUart1, 0, 0);
     NutRegisterDevice(&devPpp, 0, 0);
This uses the normal UART driver, which works OK for a few
kbps throughput.

Open the PPP device.
     pcom = _open("ppp:uart1/user/password", _O_RDWR | _O_BINARY)
The filename must be in this form
     PPP:<phys.device>/<login>/<password>

Set the PPP baudrate
     _ioctl(pcom, UART_SETSPEED, &baud);

Call NutChat() talk to the modem.

Configure the PPP interface
     NutNetIfConfig("ppp", 0, 0, 0);
This call will start PPP negotiation with the peer. If it returns
zero, the connection is established.

Hope this helps,

Harald