[En-Nut-Discussion] Event Question

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri May 16 13:09:41 CEST 2003

Well, it's some months ago I dived into this part of the code.

In case of a timeout, the thread has to be removed from this
event queue. This requires to modify the td_qnxt of the thread
in front. But Nut/OS maintains a single linked list only and
can walk up a queue, but not down.

I have no idea, what it would mean to change queues to double
linked lists. But I assume a loss of performance in many other
parts of the queue handling code. We may also take into account,
that timeouts are the special case in most applications.

Harald