[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP as backup connection

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri May 16 18:37:10 CEST 2003

Just how it should work (not sure if it really does):

First of all, each interface requires a unique ip address.

When adding a route to the routing table, the interface
(pointer to NUTDEVICE) will be attached to that entry.
When querying a route, that NUTDEVICE pointer is returned
and used to call the proper interface output routine.

Harald