[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP as backup connection

Ralph Mason ralph.mason at telogis.com
Fri May 16 21:53:51 CEST 2003

I have been experimenting with this (I have a couple off PPP connections and
route data between then)

The PPP driver can remove it's routing information when the PPP Link goes
down.

Likewise I expect if you bring up a PPP interface *after* the Ethernet one
the PPP interface could be found first when looking for a route. So the
Ethernet one is still there and will be used again when the PPP route is
removed.

Ralph

---