[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut in Aus. Fast!

Toby Smith s354335 at student.uq.edu.au
Sun Oct 19 08:31:54 CEST 2003

Hello everybody.

I'm in panic mode at the moment. I need to get hold of another
Ethernut board, QUICKLY! I'm in Brisbane, Australia.

At this point in time, I'm willing to beg, borrow or pay for a working
Ethernut board.

I'm supposed to be demonstrating my final year engineering thesis
project on Wednesday. One component of the project consists of
demonstrating some Elvin code running on an Ethernut board.

But I've just managed to destroy something on my Ethernut board. I was
connecting some IDC sockets to the expansion board so I could drive
some LEDs. When the socket was connected, no packets were able to be
sent out on the network (which I though was very queer, since I was
only connecting to the power pins). So I disconnected and reconnected
the IDC connector, and restarted... Now the link light is always on
and BASEMON reports the NIC id detection as failing (getting 0xFFFF
instead of 0x5070).

So I believe I've managed to destroy the RTL chip, somehow.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

--Toby