[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut in Aus. Fast!

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Sun Oct 19 15:23:11 CEST 2003

Toby,

It is extremely difficult to replace the Realtek. Specially
this part seems to be most sensible to ESD, so you may have
accidently destroyed the chip. One minor chance may be
you broke the 74HC04, but these chips are quite robust.
To make sure, check pin 8 of this IC (#5). It should
go low when the RTL is selected. You need an oscilloskope
to verify this.

If all this doesn't help, I can offer you a replacement.
We got a few boards, which didn't pass visual inspection,
but are technically OK. We can send one to you without
charge, if you take over FedEx Express. This is very
expensive (about 90 Euro), but within 2-3 days you will
have it.

In the meantime you should use the broken one to try to
find out, what may have happened. It would be a desaster
to lose the replacement. Please let us know what you found.

I'm very sorry that we didn't manage to establish a
distributor agreement with an Australian company.

Best regards,