[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernet interface not properly booting

Michel unreal at home.nl
Mon Sep 8 17:39:55 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've been working with ethernut for a couple of months now and I'm impressed with
it's capabilities and ease of working with it.

But now I seem to have some problems with the ethernet interface not booting properly:

When I use the reset button (or reboot from within WinAVR) the ethernet device does
not get a connection with my switch (a Linksys wireless AP with builtin 4 port
100Mbit switch). When I unplug the 9V and plug it back in the ethernet adapter has
no problems getting a link with my switch. And after that I can do some debugging,
get UART output, setup an internet connection, etc.

So for some reason the ethernet device is not properly reset except at power on.
This is very strange because my setup didn't change and it always used to
reinitialise without problems.

I already tried to give some extra resets but that didn't work. Apparently because I
have the 1.3F board where the reset line for ethernet is not connected to any
processor I/O. I checked all the cables and found no problems.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can I detect in software if ethernet was
started ok and then take some action?

Greetings,

Michel