[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernet interface not properly booting

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 10 18:36:16 CEST 2003

Michel,

The opposite case is well known. Power on will fail, if the DS1811
is broken, because the Realtek needs a hardware reset signal.

May be the reset switch weared out, producing a bad signal. We
replaced the previous Omron through hole reset switch with the
Schurter SMD part. Hopefully that wasn't a bad decision. Just
today I talked to another user on the phone, who experienced a
similar problem. But it fortunately disappeared as sudden as
it appeared. He critisized, that there's no RC delay mounted
at the reset switch to avoid switching noise and I replied, that
there were no problems with it so far...grumble...

Anyone else around here with reset switch problems and Rev. 1.3F?