[En-Nut-Discussion] WinAVR: Using uisp with Ethernut's STK500 dongle

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Sep 18 12:48:08 CEST 2003

Pavel,

>If I use Ethernut's STK500 dongle with AVR studio everything works OK. I
>have replaced the Ethernut's STK500 dongle with STK500 Protocol AVR
>Bootloader - http://avr1.org/stk500boot/stk500boot.html and UISP works
>fine.

You did what?!?! Wow, didn't expect that this works.
Thanks for the info.

But now you spoiled your dongle and lost guarantee, hehehehe...

Nah, seriously. I'll publish our dongle firmware, which
is completely in assembler. I'm just a little bit scared,
because dongle problems are reported most often by people
who bought Starter Kits. Since their first release, we
never changed the firmware, if I remember correctly.
What would happen, if modified releases are floating
around?

Btw. there is a serious problem with it. Our dongle will
not work with targets running on 8 MHz or below. Jan Rehak
reported this recently and we also failed to program older
systems with 3.6864 MHz crystals. Jan plans to design a
newer version using an AVR with more RAM.

>Which version of dongle firmware are you using ?

SISP 1.0.1.1
and
uisp version 20030827cvs