[En-Nut-Discussion] Socket timeouts

Damian Slee damian at commtech.com.au
Fri Sep 19 01:51:12 CEST 2003

I'm using SO_RCVTIMEO, mainly so I can do some other things on the same thread,  I could do it on another thread, but then would have to handle syncronising access to variables from different threads.  And some more resources would be used by the second thread.

I'm not changing SO_SNDTIMEO.  ie leaving it as blocking, if the internally buffer can't take it all.