[En-Nut-Discussion] Voip & ethernut

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Aug 2 18:26:36 CEST 2004

Hi Johan,

this is the second response only, but do not consider the
mailing list representative.

egnite has a few customers in this area, probably because
we are distributing VLSI's VS10xx and Nut/OS is used in
several MP3 applications (beyond KerkWebRadios :-)). Several
developers are looking for MP3 encoding, which VLSI doesn't
provide with their standard chips.

I do not know the SIP, but if the C compiler is available,
it shouldn't be that difficult. Personally, I'm spending
all available time right now to get the new configuration
tool done, which will simplify Nut/OS' portability.

Regarding the Realtek: We still don't have any information
about the availability of lead free chips. It may happen,
that we have to stop Ethernut 1.3 end of 2005, at least its
distribution in Europe. We are currently investigating
Davicom as a low cost solution. The SMSC is too expensive
for some applications.

Harald