=?utf-8?Q?Re:_=5BEn-Nut-Discussion=5D_Hi, _I?= ´m new to Ethernut and new to the list.

Michael Kirsten michael.kirsten at web.de
Thu Aug 5 11:03:17 CEST 2004

Sorry, I forgot to tell you my configuration:

I´m using the ethernut 2 board with the ATmega128 and the LAN91C111
Ethernet controller.

I started to use the linux-version of the AVR-Toolchain but then decided
to use the windows version with the programmers notepad and the
commandline gcc compiler that came on the starter-kits CD-ROM.

Yes, I´m new to AVR but I´m not new to microcontrollers. I used a 8052 AH
Basic before an played around with the ZX81 (ZIlog Z80 CPU) for serveral
years.

Right now I´m working on a projekt for my car to check and control all
vital parameters on the 2,8 Ltr 6Zyl. Boxer engine in my 86 VW T3.

I will have a look on the sites mentioned below and hopefully become a
productiv member to this mailing soon.

Thanks

Michael

Am Thu, 05 Aug 2004 10:30:43 +0200 schrieb Harald Kipp
<harald.kipp at egnite.de>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> At 08:06 05.08.2004 +0200, you wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> my name is Michael and I´m brand new to Ethernut (I got the red one
>> with the starter kit) and new to this list.
>>
>> I didn´t find out yet, how to go to the history so, I will ask my
>> question right now.
>
> You're welcome. Looks like you are new to AVR
> microcontrollers as well. The most confusing thing
> for newbies is, that there are many ways.
>

>> Can someone please give me a link or a step by step howto how I get my
>> compiled program into that Ethernut 2 board ?
>
> Please have a look to
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/software.html
> and
> http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm102.pdf
> which is a bit outdated, but still valuable.
>
> If using ICCAVR, have a look to
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/iccavr/index.html
>
> A lot of general information about AVR is here
> http://www.avrfreaks.net
>

>> I tried a lot of different ways but, the board still boot with the
>> default webserver that comes pre installed with the board.
>
> Are you using avr-gcc on Linux or WinAVR on Windows?
>
> 1. Open a command line and change to the Nut/OS installation
> directory.
>
> 2. Run ./configure or nutconf.exe (ignore the error
> message)
>
> 3. Make sure your PATH includes the Nut/OS tools/win32
> or tools/linux directory and the directories of the
> avr-gcc tools. There is a good documentation included
> with both compilers and avr-libc (see their sample
> project)
> http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/embedded/avr/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual/demo_project.html
> (not the original link)
>
> 4. cd to app/httpd
>
> 5. type 'make burn' (assuming that your programmer had been
> connected to the Ethernut, the PC serial port and the
> Ethernut is switched on).
>
> Sorry for this smorgasbord. When Ethernut started, most
> users were AVR experts and had been mostly satisfied
> with the schematics. While the project is developing,
> it more and more becomes the first contact with the
> world of embedded programming for many users. We are
> aware of this and try to help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Harald

Erstellt mit M2, Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul:
http://www.opera.com/m2/