Re: [En-Nut-Discussion] Hi, I´m new to Ethernut and new to the list.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Aug 5 10:30:43 CEST 2004

Hi Michael,

At 08:06 05.08.2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>my name is Michael and I´m brand new to Ethernut (I got the red one with
>the starter kit) and new to this list.
>
>I didn´t find out yet, how to go to the history so, I will ask my
>question right now.

You're welcome. Looks like you are new to AVR
microcontrollers as well. The most confusing thing
for newbies is, that there are many ways.

>Can someone please give me a link or a step by step howto how I get my
>compiled program into that Ethernut 2 board ?

Please have a look to
http://www.ethernut.de/en/software.html
and
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/enswm102.pdf
which is a bit outdated, but still valuable.

If using ICCAVR, have a look to
http://www.ethernut.de/en/iccavr/index.html

A lot of general information about AVR is here
http://www.avrfreaks.net

>I tried a lot of different ways but, the board still boot with the default
>webserver that comes pre installed with the board.

Are you using avr-gcc on Linux or WinAVR on Windows?

1. Open a command line and change to the Nut/OS installation
directory.

2. Run ./configure or nutconf.exe (ignore the error
message)

3. Make sure your PATH includes the Nut/OS tools/win32
or tools/linux directory and the directories of the
avr-gcc tools. There is a good documentation included
with both compilers and avr-libc (see their sample
project)
http://hubbard.engr.scu.edu/embedded/avr/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual/demo_project.html
(not the original link)

4. cd to app/httpd

5. type 'make burn' (assuming that your programmer had been
connected to the Ethernut, the PC serial port and the
Ethernut is switched on).

Sorry for this smorgasbord. When Ethernut started, most
users were AVR experts and had been mostly satisfied
with the schematics. While the project is developing,
it more and more becomes the first contact with the
world of embedded programming for many users. We are
aware of this and try to help.