[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: Trying to work with PPP

Michal Kuna mkuna at brainscope.cz
Wed Dec 1 13:28:45 CET 2004

  Hi,

  I spent a lot of time with PPP last week and my opinion is that
  without debug-output is very difficult write working application.
  PPP depend on conversation from server and then some bugs is very
  complicated to find.

  I'm using packet-snifer Ethereal and my small add-on code to
  'ahdlcavr.c'. This code dump Rx ("*0x%02X") and Tx ("#0x%02X") bytes
  to debug output. With small utility I can transfer it to
  pppdump-format and off-line analyze with Ethereal. Very usefully
  with not full 'standard' PPP-servers but with evident speed
  limitation.

  Maybe it will be interested for other. Probably better way is make
  similar utility as standard debug tools for NutPPP.

  http://www.ethereal.com/
  http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200305/msg00089.html
  and other ...

  Regards