[En-Nut-Discussion] Tracing PPP

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Thu Dec 2 20:19:19 CET 2004

Hi

We have been supplied a GUI application which traces PPP by way of a
hybrid cable which uses two serial ports (rollon $30 USB serial ports).
It works a charm and seems to be a complete implementation providing
details of PPP, SLIP, IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP and AT commands in both
directions.  Real time, or replay.  You can even halt the trace to
examine the data whilst still capturing data.

We were provided it by an equipment vendor so I cannot distribute it
freely but will approach them and ask for details of its' source/cost
etc and provide feedback if anyone is interested.  Whilst a bit
cumbersome, heavy on serial ports and not nearly as flexible as my
$1kNZD serial analyser, it easily shortens the debug cycle and is worth
a look.

Regards
Brett

Brett Abbott, Managing Director, Digital Telemetry Limited
Email: Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
PO Box 24 036 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Phone +64 (4) 5666-860  Mobile +64 (21) 656-144
------------------- Commercial in confidence --------------------