[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP stops working after some time

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Dec 20 11:24:34 CET 2004

Roman,

Right, it's really difficult to track down such problems.
Beside that, most of the failures we found are in the
application code (or even hardware failures sometimes).
Thus, it is most important to reduce the test case to a
bare minimum.

We started with a simple TCP server first, which runs
stable for more than a week. Next we added receive timeout.
Now the error appeared after about three days. We will
add several threads and try to trigger the failure
more often. Otherwise it will become too difficult to
test future modifications.

I noted with interest, that your app is running without TCP.
But without a simple test case the problem can be located
anywhere.

Harald