[En-Nut-Discussion] RE:NIC reset Failed

Conor Duke conorduke at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 14:51:28 CET 2004

Hey,
Newbie problem ,please bear with me as i'm sure the solution is quite simple.
Everything was working fine i have set up a http server that was monitoring a plc controller but when i began to try and setup LED's on the expansion port .The ethernet connection stopped working.
so i loaded the HTTPserver demo and i got no response then i loaded BASEMON and recieved the following ;

NIC hardware reset...failed
Trying NIC software reset...failed
NIC id detection...  failed, got 0x0A0B, expected 0x5070
NIC hardware reset...failed
Trying NIC software reset...failed
NIC id detection...  failed, got 0x0A0B, expected 0x5070
I/O Port Test...     PORTE bits FC
I read a similar post to with the exact same problem but no1 replied so i am assuming ther is an easy way to solve it ,but my thesis is due in 2 weeks so i need the EASY way out unfortunatly.
Do i need a new chip or can i fix it on my own,
Any help would be greatly appriciated
Yours in Eternal Gratitude
Regards
Conor