[En-Nut-Discussion] RE:NIC reset Failed

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Feb 11 20:02:54 CET 2004

Hi Conor,

the only post I can find was from Gert Jan Kruizinga, about
one year ago. He was part of the robot contest team and
I later heard from Peter Kunst, that they had indeed two
boards broken.

Specially the RTL8019AS is very sensitive to ESD and in
the first place of chips getting effected. Second is the
ATmega, as you can imagine.

You didn't change anything else? Power supply? Add on board?
Try to put everything in it's initial status and use
Basemon to check the board. Please also post the full
basemon report including version banner to info at egnite
dot de.

>I read a similar post to with the exact same problem but no1 replied so i
>am assuming ther is an easy way to solve it ,but my thesis is due in 2
>weeks so i need the EASY way out unfortunatly.

This sounds familiar and made my name entered here :-)
http://innovexpo.itee.uq.edu.au/2003/exhibits/s354335/thesis.pdf
Toby had been in the same situation, but he was in
Queensland, 2 shipping weeks away...and we get it
done. So don't worry.

>Do i need a new chip or can i fix it on my own,

Not recommended. We replace ATmegas, Realteks and
SMSC from time to time...just for fun and training.
It usually fails, if you do not own very expensive
hot air equipment. The 2000 US$ irons are _not_
the expensive ones.

I'll contact you by private email.