[En-Nut-Discussion] Http server

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Feb 18 12:48:10 CET 2004

Cosmin,

Even if you don't use malloc or NutHeapAlloc directly,
it may be used indirectly, like fopen (which returns
a NULL pointer in that case) etc.

The http sample works here as designed. After some
successive requests, the connect hangs for some seconds
and continues as soon as Ethernut releases the
previously allocated sockets. I'm using Mozilla.

Anyone else using Opera? I can hardly believe, that
this browser causes the problem...but who knows...

It may hang for a few seconds. But it should continue
and should _always_ respond to pings. As far as I
unterstood, you need to reset the board after the
problem appears, right?

Does it happen with the original httpd sample on
all pages? I'm specially interested in the socket
list. Can you try this, please?

Can you please specify, what board you are using?
And what compiler version? I'll try to reproduce it
here.