[En-Nut-Discussion] rtl8019 driver troubles

HeltonGA at aol.com HeltonGA at aol.com
Sun Feb 22 19:14:16 CET 2004

I've had similar problems when I was developing my RTL8019AS driver. One
important piece of information that was not immediately obvious from the datasheet
is the active state of the IOWB and IORB. Looking at the pinout and pin
descriptions, you might assume that the active state of these pins are active high.
WRONG !  They are in fact active low signals. Look at the timing diagram on
page 47 of the datasheet. A few strategically placed "NOP"s can help on timing
issues as well. Pay particular attention to T4,T6,T7,T8 timing.

When my code was using active high signals for IOWB and IORB, I would get
results similar to yours. It sort of worked, but data was sometimes skewed and
data was not as expected.

This may not solve your problem, but it can't hurt to refer to the datasheet
to make sure your driver complys with timing requirements for the 8019.

Here is a link to download the latest datasheet.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?spec=True&
compamodel=RTL8019AS

Good Luck,
Fiz