[En-Nut-Discussion] rtl8019 driver troubles

Whatever Org seek25 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 13:52:00 CET 2004

Hello,
I know that Ehernut doesn't use an ISA card, but the
init and receive/send must be same. The problem I
encounter is that sometimes I read wrong MAC
(FF:FF:etc or somehow I left first byte, so 2nd
becomes 1st, and so on, last one always beign 0x20,
after few resets of NIC and STK500 problem dissapear)
and also sometimes packets looks like didn't hit the
NIC, I mean the led blinks, no ARP is send and my
debug code seems that nothing is received. Also this
situation is fixed after few resets. So there must be
a bad timing or wrong init sequence? Sometimes, I
receive ethernet frame almost fine, except that arp
0x06 type becomes 0x16, and the same for all of them.
All things works if I reset few times...
It may  help if somebody knows ISA IOR/IOW strobes
timing, the HARD RESET delay, and also the correct
rl8019 init sequence, with delays, if exists, between
each pack read/write.

All of my code is in ASM, but I have no problem
porting from C to ASM :)

Digitaly yours,
Cornel I.