[En-Nut-Discussion] LCD Display - only 2 I/O Ports

Frank Wallenwein FWallenwein at t-online.de
Sun Jan 11 01:00:10 CET 2004

> Please help me: What is so cool about _only_ TWO I/O Ports?

Ok Ok - you're right.
Of course  two pins - not two ports.   :-o

> And I also assume that you need 3.

Well - i'm just using two I/O pins.
What would you do with the third one  ?

I have connected my Display with 4 Wires.
+5V      Power supply
 GND    Power supply
 SID     Serial data from Ethernut to Display ( I/O Pin no. 1)
 SCLK    Clock  ( I/O Pin no. 2)

You could - if you like - use more pins :
SOD   read back data from display
RESET   reset the Display
LED     light
CS      chip select - if you have several displays
etc.

But you don't need all these.

> How much did you pay?

Just to give you an idea -
Conrad Elekronik  wants  27,94 Euro.
I guess you can get it for less either at
Electronic Assembly - or somewhere else.

Greetings
Frank