[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with connection to Ethernut

Alexandra Taratutin alextara19 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 20:27:23 CET 2004

Hi, Harald!
When I program flash using Avr studio 4 (compiled tcps project which uses
port 23) I'm unable to connect to the Ethernut box using telnet. I don't
know what I have done because I was able to do it before. But after
programming several times it gets harder. Maybe Flash wears out? even ping
doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernut.
I found that the only way to connect is:
1. press reset button on the board.
2. Immediately start to ping it, while it reboots and accesses DHCP server.
3. After several attempts ping will show sings of established communication.
4. telnet it ~10-20 times. One in a while it connects.

What could be the problem?
Thank you.
Sasha.