[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2 link problems

Mikael Ejberg Pedersen mikael at ejberg.dk
Thu Jan 22 08:37:25 CET 2004

Citat Simon Biniek <lightfreakde at yahoo.com>:

> By the way, there is a possible solution for the
> IOCHRDY Problem with the Realtek. In fact of the full
> static design of the M128 you can take of clock
> periods while IOCHRDY is activ. The only thing is,
> that while stopping the M128 there is no response to
> interrupts and the all things inside will stop
> (including the UART).

If I am reading this right, then you want to completely stop the system clock,
right? But that won't work, I'm afraid. Here is what the Mega128 datasheet has
to say about it:

When applying an external clock, it is required to avoid sudden changes in the
applied clock frequency to ensure stable operation of the MCU. A variation in
frequency of more than 2% from one clock cycle to the next can lead to
unpredictable behaviour. It is required to ensure that the MCU is kept in Reset
during such changes in the clock frequency.

Regards,
Mikael