[En-Nut-Discussion] make error under windows current cvs

helipad heli.pad at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 28 09:30:24 CET 2004

Ok Oliver , will let you Know

Thanks
Richard

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oliver Schulz" <Oliver.Schulz at bong.de>
To: "Ethernut User Chat (English)" <en-nut-discussion at egnite.de>
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 7:37 AM
Subject: AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] make error under windows current cvs

Hi Richard,

I just committed a new version of tcpsock.c to CVS.
Please try to compile whole Nut/OS with ICCAVR and report any errors you
get.

Since I don't have ICCAVR I cannot test my code under ICCAVR. With gcc
everything works fine.

Short description of the error you got. I modified a void pointer with
something like this:

void *buf;
buf += 10;

Because void isn't really a data type, gcc assumes a byte wide pointer to do
the calculation. This assumption is (obviously) not made by ICCAVR and an
error is reported.

Please test the whole stuff under ICCAVR and point on every bug or error you
get till 30.1.2004. This is the deadline for the next release.

Cheers,
Oliver.