[En-Nut-Discussion] CVS make for GCC

Lars Andersson lakab at telia.com
Thu Jan 29 21:54:52 CET 2004

Hello ethernut group,

for some time now I have had a problem when
compiling with GCC) the CVS version of ethernut.
I am not at all familiar with the make utility, I
find it very complex and difficult to understand.
However, I have faith in the automation built into
ethernut and like with my car that I also do not understand
in all its details, I just put a gear in and let it run.
But, am I doing the right thing here?

This is what I think I am supposed to do:
CVS update
make clean
make install

After this, make makes for quite a while and then ends with
this sequence...

usart.c: In function `UsartRead':
usart.c:222: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
make[1]: *** [usart.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `H:/NUTCVS~1/dev'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Can a warning like this stop the make process?
Is there another problem here that I do not see?

Regards,
Lars H. Andersson