[En-Nut-Discussion] CVS Release Branch 3.4 Occured

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 30 14:12:50 CET 2004

Hi all,

Following http://www.ethernut.de/en/cvsrepo/
I created a release branch 3.4.1.1 and moved the HEAD trunk
to 3.5.0.0.

Unfortunately it doesn't work as expected. Trying
to 'cvs co -r nut-3_4-release nut' gives

cvs [server aborted]: no such tag nut-3_4-release

Setting it again with 'cvs tag -b nut-3_4-release'
results in

nut-3_4-release already exists on branch blah : NOT MOVING tag to branch blah

on each file. (I replaced file version with blah in the
result line.)

In one of those dusty subdirs I discovered WinCVS,
tried that and...amazingly...it checked out the
release branch. I'm puzzled.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but I'm
quite convinced, that the repository is in the
correct status now. We may go ahead mangling the
HEAD trunk.

I'll provide a release candidate snapshot shortly.

Good luck,