[En-Nut-Discussion] Usart with local echo and CTS problem

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Wed Jul 14 19:13:20 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have some problems enabling the local echo function of the usart device.
It simply doesnot work. So I looked through the sources and didn't find any
function supporting that local ech feature except the ioctl routines to
(re)set it.

Ist this implemented already? If not, where do you think it's good to
implement it, in the lowlevel driver usartavr.c or better in usart.c.

I think a received char should be sent back immediatly, so that the user
sees what he is typing. Therefore there should be a sendbuffer flush on
receiving and resending the character. But how to implement this. It should
not block the receiving stream.

Another problem is the hardware handshake. My hardware (not an ethernut)
uses Pin PE2 and PE3 aus Handshake lines. Both cannot generate interrupts.
So I don't know how to check the CTS line to reactivate sending without
blocking the system.

Any ideas?

bye
Thorsten