[En-Nut-Discussion] 32K external SRAM and banking

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Jun 14 10:25:23 CEST 2004

At 13:54 10.06.2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Won't that give me a configuration for the realtek chipset? I'm running an
>Ethernut 2 board with the SMSC chipset. We are using the Ethernut2/SMSC
>board for our reference design, with the exception that we have only 32K
>external

You can select Ethernut 1.

The compiler option -DETHERNUT2 will be used
for memory banking only:

#ifndef NUTBANK_COUNT
#ifdef ETHERNUT2
#define NUTBANK_COUNT   30
#else
#define NUTBANK_COUNT   0
#endif
#endif

You can even override this with -DNUTBANK_COUNT=value.
As long as you don't use any NutSegBuf() routines,
you don't need to care.

However, nearly all application samples make use of
#ifdef ETHERNUT2
to register the proper Ethernet controller.

The library will contain both, the Realtek and the
SMSC driver. Basemon even loads both drivers and
can run on both boards without re-compiling.