[En-Nut-Discussion] Device driver using TWI and 1-wire

Lars Andersson laran at ikp.liu.se
Mon Jun 14 11:06:36 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I am planning to implement a driver for a TWI sensor device. I managed to get the TWI driver to work and the new implementation from the "project" page seams stable, Thanks Harald :)

I would like to know if there is any documentation on how to implement drivers for Nut/OS or how memory should be handled when new sensor data is generated (who owns the memory?). The device generates an interrupt signal when new data is ready and it needs to be collected directly. Is there a driver implemented today that work in a similar way that I can have a look at?

Also, has anyone implemented anything for a the Dallas DS2760 or ds2770 1-wire devices? (the ds2760 is the same chip as used in the ipaq h5450) I am planning to develop a battery backup for the ethernut and I feel it would be nice to have some battery monitoring functions together with the battery.

Regards,

Lars A Andersson