AW: AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Sending Host name to DHCP server

Oliver Schulz Oliver.Schulz at bong.de
Wed Mar 3 11:37:27 CET 2004

Hi Harald,

> But I cannot follow Oliver's interpretation of
> a boot problem. There is no real difference
Perhaps I didn't describe it very well. With Damian's solution, taking confnet.cd_net as host name, every ethernut on the same LAN has the hostname 'eth0'. If used with MS DHCP ans DNS server, the DHCP server can dynamically register hosts in DNS (btw, it works very well!).
So the last booted ethernut is registered in DNS with hostname 'eth0' and his IP address. Any DNS entry from previous booted ethernuts with the same hostname are overwritten. That was my point.

Anyway, I try to implement this enhancement this evening, and if it's stable, commit it (and of course the modified basemon) to the HEAD. Like Harald suggested, the hostname will be stored in confos stucture and has a maximum length of 15 + 1 bytes.

Cheers,
Oliver.