[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [En-Nut-Announce] Version 3.4.2 Available

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Mar 9 15:18:24 CET 2004

Rick,

At 07:28 09.03.2004 -0500, you wrote:

>Maybe I just have ARM envy, but it is driving me crazy (a short trip) that
>everyone on the planet seems to be talking about the Philips ARM MCUs and
>no one has even noticed the OKI chips.

Good to meet an "OKI Promoter". My concerns about OKI
are, that they produce chips for their printers, using
the open market as a second channel only. Almost everyone
I talked to confirmed this view.

No doubt, in the market Ethernut is irrelevant. But
as long as some major players use the same chips, we
are quite safe.