[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [En-Nut-Announce] Version 3.4.2 Available

NGB ngbmoreau at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 9 22:58:57 CET 2004

> I have never heard about OKI designing the ARM chips primarily for their
> printers.  They have been making printers for a long time and they only
> started making ARM chips since last summer.  Besides, if you consider the
> features the chips have, most of them would not be useful in a
> printer.  Why would you need ADC or PWM in a printer?  Where did you hear
> this?

I can easily see a couple of places where ADC & PWM would be needed for a
printer. PWM for the Fuser and ADC for paper level detection.
With regards to the actual chips, some are lucky enough to be in a country that
get support from manufacturers. Here in Australia only a handfull of chip makers
help us out. That's why ATMEL is the no 1 choice for me, 2nd choice would be
Cirrus for an upper model Ethernut.

Nic