[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: Re: Full Duplex operation (Damian Slee) (lost FIN packets)

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at dfsoft.cz
Wed Mar 17 15:23:37 CET 2004

Hi,

definitely it looks like HW. We are using Charon II modules which have
93C46 assembled. We have also manageable eth. switch with Broadcom BCM5325M
(we are developing this product so I know how to configure it).

Once switch was forced to full duplex we were not able to reproduce lost
FINs. When half-duplex configuration was forced in 93C46 it also behaved as
expected.

---
We are also using UDP broadcast and answers are also broadcasted. When
there was a half/full duplex issue we had to add some random interval to
avoid collisions. Is collision detected by RTL and propagated to upper
layers so NutUdpSendTo returns non zero ?

---
There are four bytes in 93C46 + 6 bytes MAC. I know that 00 00 30 00 works
in half-duplex LED LINK and CRS. Do you have some brief explanations for
these bits to save data sheet mining ? (I am interested what 10 00 10 00
means).

------------------------
>Here is my code, which is setting half duplex for me.  Using the EESK
>pin 79 out of realtek to input pin on mega128.  output pin from mega 128
>to pin77 on realtek.
>
>Have only tested it on one unit.  It counts clocks, and sets the output
>low where the fullduplex bit from the 9346 eeprom should be, to disable
>it.  Then sets it high again to act the same as before for the remaining
>bits (LED's etc).
>
>This is the modified from the new driver.
>To verify, there is a commented fdup = nic_read(NIC_PG3_CONFIG3);, which
>I was displaying later.  Should be 0x30, for half duplex, LEDS1&0 on.
>
>I still get Tx packet loss, but less than before. Let me know your
>results.

Dusan