[En-Nut-Discussion] NutLoadConfig

Michel unreal at home.nl
Sat Mar 27 15:55:45 CET 2004

Hi all,

While trying to improve the DHCP client, I noticed that the confos.hostname
field contained random bytes. When I tracked down why it seems that
NutLoadConfig()/NutSaveConfig() are never executed.

I link against nutinit.o so it should be executed by NutInit, right?
I find it even more strange as not executing NutInit would prevent me
from allocating from the heap, right?

It seems unrelated to my startup problems in my previous mail, as it
also occurs when I startup ethernut normally by re-applying power.

What can be the cause for NutInit not to be executed?
Or am I missing something else?
Or should I link against Init.o instead?

Greetings,
Michel