[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about purchasing the Ethernet Controller chip

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri May 7 19:04:07 CEST 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 09:21:44AM -0000, leo at dsp.ee.itb.ac.id wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have some difficulties in purchasing the Ethernet Controller chip
> RTL8019AS.. I need it for my final project in my undergraduate program..
> My final project is about developing an interface board between the TI
> (Texas Instrumets) TMS320C54X development board and the ethernet network
> using RJ45 cable..
> I have tried to contact Realtek Co. in Siangpore, but they said that the
> minimum amount of purchase is about 60 pieces..
> i don,t need that much, i only need maybe about 3 chips..
> so could anyone who knows about it tell me how to have the RTL8019AS chips?

	I've found that soldering these can be a bit of a pain. There was a
link off the egnite page which shows someone using an ISA NIC w/ the
RTL chip and accessing it via the ISA interface. That looks like a pretty
smart way to go if you only need a few of them. It also avoids having to
fool around with the supporting chips.

	I don't see the page now, but I'm sure someone on the list knows it.

	Austin