[En-Nut-Discussion] UART looses Bytes

Toennies Kai kai.toennies at siemens.com
Wed Nov 24 17:51:14 CET 2004

Hi!

I try to receive data at 1MBaud on the UART using the receive interrupt.
I changed the oszillator, it is now 16MHz.
I do not use the Nut-OS routines for UART communication.
It all works fine, but sometimes(too often) I loose one or more bytes.
Something from the Nut-OS delays the uart receive interrupt.
This I could see on the oscilloscope.
The thing is, now I send byte after byte with no delay.
Later I will have 20µs between the startbits of two following bytes.
Will that be enough?
My receive interrupt routine takes no more than 5µs.

I would like to know, what is interfering me and how long it will take.
And if it might be disabled, for a period of time(complete telegramm).

Thanks in advance,
Kai Tönnies