[En-Nut-Discussion] UART looses Bytes

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Nov 24 18:46:51 CET 2004

Hi,

> I would like to know, what is interfering me and how long it will take.
> And if it might be disabled, for a period of time(complete telegramm).

You could disable all interrupts after receiving the first byte and than
receive your data by polling. After receiving the last byte simply
reenable the interrupts...

If you does not use any NutOS code in your receiving routine Nothing
worse should happen... But perhaps you will loose other interrupts...
Anyway it is always a good idea return from an interrupt routine or from
a mutex section as fast as possible.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19