[En-Nut-Discussion] IP Configuration [was: Change the IP/gateway]

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Nov 26 14:38:06 CET 2004

> Hell yes.
> Though I'm great fan of Nut/OS, I must say that I really dislike this dirty way
> CONFNET structure is handled in current Nut/OS - really nasty!

Me too!!! In my eyes this is a point one should spend some time to. I'd
like have a much more general interface. One should be able to
shutdown / restart an interface on runtime and also change the ip
address at any time. Everything should be configurable and multiple
network interfaces should be possible. Also dhcp should work without any
pseudo intelligent checks before...

I have not took a deep look into the network code until now. If anybody
has some proposals how to create such a more general interface let's
discuss about it!

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19