[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie - guide

amit khandelwal khandelwal.amit at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 18:37:35 CEST 2004

Hello Jesper, Gerd,
    I believe stk500 is a communication protocol as described at the
atmel's website and they also have a something called as a stk500
starter kit.

Current situation -

Windows -
I can test the board in Windows XP using hyperterminal however when I
use AVR Studio 4.0 and try to erase the board it says it cannot
detect.

Linux:
I can compile the code for contikki and and I see that they use stk200
as the dprog param, however I get errors with those params. I tried
using stk500 instead but still no change. Just that the error message
changed.

The red led on my board is always lit. I guess its to to show that its
powered up. I have tried using avrp -s /dev/ttysS0 even that doesn't
seem to help.

Am I missing something very obvious?

Thanks,
- Amit Khandelwal