[En-Nut-Discussion] Disconnect lost telnet session

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Fri Oct 8 22:37:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

how can I detect a dropped telnet session? Ethernut is the server, a clients
connects types a few commands or so and then disconnects without using the
official quit command. So Ethernut thinks the session ist open and don't
accept new connects.
Since I read the telnet stream character by character with fgetc I have no
timeout or so. If I built a kind of software watchdog to detect there is no
traffic on the stream I can destroy the socket but that leaves the current
fgetc in a lost state.

Any ideas to solve this?

Thanks
Thorsten